Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Bee!

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the rude absence lately, I hope you all are well and enjoying good Spring weather. I plan to stop by all of your blogs soon for a visit. I have been super busy at work but I did fit in a few projects at night to unwind.



An Art Journal Page

I needed a little color and cheeriness, so I went for watercolors, bright markers, left over flower outlines from Easter and the saying, "Everything is coming up roses"



Next up, A mini album I made for a friend who is retiring, so I wanted to wish her luck!

Front
InsideBack Cover

I made this book with two blocks of Cedar wood for the front and back covers. I started by painting them both with Crackle paint and adding some LUCK themed embellishments. To build the pages, I began measuring the size of the block and folded pages for the inside then glued the front and back to the inside and backside covers. To finish it I added a poem about luck and other embellishments inside.


Lastly a LO I did for The Scrappy Tree's Inspiration Challenge this month by Julie. She always comes up with interesting and fun inspiration, not to mention her creations are super gorgeous! You can currently find it here but due to the changes at Ning, we will be moving shortly, we will let you know when and where.

The inspiration was an old T-shirt, that was nature themed and read Good Natured. The topic I focused on was my Daughter who is by far the most good natured person I know. I used Kraft Kuts pattern paper, Bazzill cardstock, bakers twine, aluminum roses and bird stamps by Artchix and rub-on birds by Glitz.


Thanks for visiting today, see you soon!

K

5 comments:

  1. Hey, love what you've done here! The journalling looks such fun, gor-jus colours. That retirement present is so thoughtful and so unusual - the recipient sure won't have another one of those! And well done you for growing such a good natured daughter - says a lot about you.

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps pleeeeeeese don't apologise for not being around on your blog, life happens! I saw a lovely banner the other day b.w.o - blogging without obligation. Blogging is such a fun thing it would be sad if we started to feel guilty about not being able to do it.

    Jo
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Kristin!! Your art journal pages are so cool! I love how you did little blocks for each letter! The retirement album is also so creative! I'd love to see that one in person. I love the luck themed accents and painting it with crackle paint is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that journal page! It could be turned into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal page, love the patchwork effect :) and the mini album is such a cute gift! The pics of your daughter are gorgeous, and I love what you did with the twine, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete