Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blog break...

Hello bloggers!

As some of you may have noticed, I have been taking a blog break. As I began to reflect on why that break was needed, all I had to do was stop and take a look around to get my answer. Surrounding me or in my immediate reach was my iPhone, iPad, 2 laptops, a magazine, a tv playing on mute and an iPod playing with headphones. Three things were obvious in this scenario;

1. I like Apple products:)

2. I am using my multi- tasking skills to their fullest!

3. And no wonder I'm not blogging( or crafting) I am trying to do too many others things at the same time!


In this world of fast food, wireless access, computers that allow us to see the world from our living rooms, mobile devices that keep us in touch with our loved ones and jobs that expect us to stay organized and be super efficient, it's no wonder the fun and creative things I like to do fall to the wayside. I find I am met with a constant struggle to slow down and appreciate that the world is not only shrinking and moving faster than I can keep up with it but that I don't have to explore, organize, fix or understand it all in one day.

I recently read this article, From speed.com to soul.com and it hit home in so many ways. Not only do I want to seek a balance of Speed and Efficiency with Heart and Soul, but I am determined to use my hammer for good and not evil, and being constructive not destructive.

I took the above quote/ invitation as a true challenge to text less, create more, talk in person, try harder, listen better and pace myself while doing it, not to mention only use one Apple gadget at a time :)

Wish me luck! I hope to share a project soon!

Cheers!

K xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. It definitely rings home for me that I need to take time to slow down and just sometimes let whatever task I "have" to get done go. Have a good rest of the weekend! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote, it is so true but so easy to get carried out with technology. Have fun creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Powerful reading. I wish you luck.xx

    Happy crafting. Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it all, sister! Love Apple, have all the above mentioned products, and can't find enough hours in the day to squeeze it all in!!! I just posted to some of my blogs after being away from them for months! It used to be my favorite thing to do (and still is!)...just need to get back to it more!

    Thanks for posting...loved what you had to say.
    Bet

    ReplyDelete